I love simple and easy recipes at my house. I don’t think anyone will ever accuse me of wanting or needing to spend hours perfecting a recipe. But I do want the food that I spend that time preparing to taste great. This is one of those recipes!
- 1 to 2 pounds of ground beef, chicken, pork or turkey – your choice or mix and match! (I usually go with less meat!)
- 28 ounce can of whole or crushed tomatoes ( I like to use whole and jujsh them with my hand blender)
- 15 ounce can of dark red kidney beans
- 15 ounce can of great northern beans
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 TBSP salt
- 1 heaping TBSP chili powder
- 1 heaping TBSP garlic powder
- 2 TBSP Molasses
- 1 can of water (from the tomatoes can)
Now, here you have a choice. You can add the rest of the ingredients (except the molasses) to whatever pot you browned your meat in and continue on the stove top for a few hours which is wonderful. Or you can add the rest of the ingredients (except the molasses) to a slow cooker and set it to high for 4 hours / low for 8 hours and walk away. Also wonderful! Today is a slow cooker day at my house.
After everything has cooked for a few hours or 8, add the molasses and stir, and dig in.
Either way, its delicious. YUM!